Housing Choice Voucher Lottery Opening October 20-21, 2020
Boulder Housing Partners has some exciting news to announce.
The Housing Choice Voucher lottery will be opening online from 9 a.m. Tuesday, October 20 through 4 p.m. Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
When the lottery opens, the link to sign up will be posted on this page.
About Housing Choice Vouchers
Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) help cover the cost of monthly rent for members of our community whose incomes are below the area average. After qualifying, participants in the HCV program pay approximately 30-40% of their monthly income toward rent. In 2019, eligibility requirements expanded from the city limits of Boulder to include all of Boulder County. Additional income and eligibility guidelines still apply.
Signing up for the Lottery
- Lottery entries are accepted online from 9 a.m. on Tuesday, October 20 until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
- Computers will be available during the opening of the lottery at our main office: 4800 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304. Please wear a face mask and follow COVID-19 safety guidelines when entering. A mask can be provided if you do not have one.
- The online form is simple and fast. It should take less than 15 minutes and can be completed from any device with internet access.
- A mailing address will be required to complete the form. Names and birthdates of all household members and the household’s annual gross income will also be asked. You may find it helpful to gather this information ahead of time.
- Only one lottery submission will be accepted per household. Duplicate entries for the same household will be removed.
- Applicants will find out their lottery number right after submitting the form. It will appear on your screen and will also be sent to your email address if you provide one on the form. You may want to print or photograph the screen for your records.
Announcing Selected Lottery Numbers
- The randomly selected lottery numbers will be announced on November 10, 2020. They will be posted on our website and in the lobby of our main office. If you provide an email when signing up, we will also send you an email announcing when the numbers are posted.
Next Steps if Your Lottery Number Has Been Selected
- After being randomly selected, an eligibility packet will be sent to you by US Mail, within 12 months or less, to begin the eligibility process.
- We will also send you an email letting you know the packet is on the way. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list, but most importantly, keep an eye on your mail for the packet.
- If you have been selected, please notify us in writing whenever your mailing or email addresses change so we can reach you when it’s time for your eligibility process to begin.
The Next Lottery
- Boulder Housing Partners now opens the Housing Choice Voucher lottery three times a year in the months of February, June and October (every 4 months.) The lottery will be open for two days during those months. Exact dates of the openings will be posted on our website and lottery hotline (720-564-4627) at least one month in advance.
We thank you for your interest in the Boulder Housing Partners' Housing Choice Voucher lottery.