The April 26-28 Interest List for 30PRL Independent Living Program Is Now Closed
Boulder Housing Partners opened its interest list from Tuesday, April 26 through 4 p.m. Thursday, April 28, 2022 for twenty apartment homes in the Bluebell building of 30PRL that take part in a neuro-inclusive housing and independent living program where residents pay approximately 30% of their income towards rent.
At this time, we are no longer accepting names for this interest list.
If you signed up for the Independent Living Program Interest List, here are your next steps:
- Once the interest list closes, the list of submissions will be randomized, and applicants will be contacted in this randomized order when an apartment home becomes available.
- When an apartment home becomes available, you will be contacted to start the full application and qualifying process, which includes a $19 application fee (per adult) and a $65 holding fee (per household).
- Remember to notify us, in writing, whenever you change your mailing address. You can find contact information for all BHP communities here. (Boulder Housing Partners is not responsible for lost or stolen mail.)
Thank you for your interest in the Independent Living Program at 30PRL!
About the Apartment Homes
Apartment homes in 30PRL’s independent living program are located at 3075 Pearl Parkway in the Bluebell building of 30PRL. Studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments are offered in this program. All apartments at 30PRL feature amenities such as in-home washers & dryers, air-conditioning, and dishwashers, as well as community features such as free wi-fi, elevator access, and multiple community gathering rooms.
For residents who qualify for 30PRL’s independent living program, rent is approximately 30% of the households’ gross income, as determined through the eligibility process.
Residents of the independent living program will be eligible to receive optional support services from the Ramble Collective, which may include:
- Community engagement through optional organized outings or gatherings for activities within the common spaces of the Bluebell building.
- Optional access to a Community Liaison on an as-needed basis to help facilitate access to community resources. Boulder Treasures will also be available to assist with connections between residents taking part in the independent living program and can act as a liaison between resident households and their case management or family support networks.
- Optional facilitated discussions in collaboration with a resident's family support network and PASA case management services that will focus on maintaining the terms of the apartment lease to support current and future housing stability.
- 30PRL also features the Ramble Collective's Ramble Marketplace, a retail space with local Boulder-themed gifts, on the lower level of the Bluebell building. Within Ramble Marketplace, the Ramble Collective offers an expansion of its job training apprentice program for qualified individuals within the Bluebell building and throughout Boulder County.
Qualifying for an Independent Living Program Apartment
The independent living program apartments are for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who can provide:
- A Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Medicaid waiver; or
- A signed affidavit of verification of IDD status from a medical professional in a form acceptable to Boulder Housing Partners.
Maximum Income to Qualify
To be eligible, households may earn up to 40% of the Area Median Income (AMI)*, as shown on the chart below. (Income is the total combined gross annual income per household.)
Residents may still qualify if they earn less, but income cannot exceed 40% AMI. For example, if you have 2 people in your household, your total gross annual income cannot exceed $37,520 at time of lease-up.
*Income is based on the 2022 Colorado Housing and Finance Authority Income Limits and Rent table and is subject to change.
Minimum Income to Qualify
There is no minimum income required to income-qualify.
Additional Qualification Criteria
- Applicant households will need to include at least one member who is either living and/or working in Boulder County at the time their name is added to the interest list and when their name is selected to proceed forward with the eligibility process.
- Student, liquid asset, and homeownership restrictions apply.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years and be able to provide two years of satisfactory rental history from a third party. If unable to provide rental history, you may still add your name to the interest list.
- Applicants and household members must be free of felony convictions within the past three years and also free of a chronic history of misdemeanors.
- Persons who are required to register on the Sex Offender's List in any state or with any methamphetamine related convictions do not qualify.