Working For BHP
Below is an overview of BHP employee benefits. For more detailed information, please click here.
Employee Benefits Overview
The mission of this program is to enhance and improve employee satisfaction, physical health, and wellness. It is open to all benefited employees
Basic Medical - Choice of any one of the following:
- Cigna $3,000 Deductible - Health Savings Account Eligible
- Cigna $1000 Deductible
- Cigna $250 Deductible
- Cigna Garner - HRA Eligible
- Principal supplemental plans such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Short-Term Disability
- Vision Care (from Principal, with VSP network)
* Medical coverage is available to standard employees who work 30 hours or more per week.
As a Boulder Housing Partners employee, you are eligible to receive Foundation Health membership. Foundation Health is a membership-based family practice that gives you easy, unlimited access to primary care services.
- Delta Premier (High Option)
- Delta Preferred (Low Option)
* Dental insurance coverage is available to standard employees who work 30 hours or more
Flexible Spending Accounts
HealthCare Flexible Spending Account (HCFSA):
- This plan lets employees reduce their taxable pay by up to $3,050/year for most medical- or dental- related expenses not paid by insurance, excluding insurance premium costs.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account:
- This plan lets employees reduce their taxable pay by up to $5,000/year for expenses they incur to purchase dependent care in order to allow them to work.
- Principal Life basic group term (BHP pays total premium for all employees working 20 hours or more per week)
- Principal voluntary life insurance
- PERA Survivors elective decreasing term, from UnumProvident (PERA pension participants, including Temporary or Seasonal)
* Life insurance coverage is available only to standard employee groups who work a minimum of 20 hrs per week
Long-Term Disability Insurance*
- Principal (BHP pays total premium for employees who work a minimum of 20 hrs per week)
*Long-term disability insurance coverage is available only to standard employee groups who work a minimum of 20 hrs per week
All employees must participate in a retirement plan. Applicable laws and regulations specify mandatory and permissible participation in any plan. Plan eligibility is limited to the following group:
- Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA )
Workers' Compensation Insurance
BHP carries Worker's Compensation insurance for all employees.
BHP and employees, hired after April 1, 1986, each contribute 1.45% of pay to Medicare insurance as required by Federal law.
Deferred Compensation Plans
PERA-sponsored "401(k)" plan & 457 plan (available to all PERA retirement plan participants in any group, including Temporary or Seasonal):
- Plan numbers indicate the authorizing section of the Internal Revenue code.
- Participation is optional.
- Through the plan, employees may "defer" part of their salary by authorizing BHP to place part of their pay into various employee-selected investment opportunities.
- The amount deferred in a given year is not subject to income tax until the employee receives distribution of the invested amount and earnings on it, normally after termination or retirement.
- This plan thus allows employees to reduce their current taxable incomes and to invest and gain earnings on dollars they would otherwise pay in current income tax.
- BHP provides a direct deposit service in which employees' paychecks are directly deposited into a designated savings or checking account.
- A paycheck may be divided among several accounts in different institutions if desired.
Vehicle Usage Reimbursement:
- Employees may be reimbursed for work-related private vehicle at the supervisor's discretion.
- Employees receiving vehicle mileage reimbursement will be required to provide proof of current liability insurance in compliance with the State of Colorado Financial Responsibility Act.
Health & Family
Employee Assistance Program:
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a confidential program paid for by BHP.
- The EAP provides problem identification, counseling and referral services at no cost to the employee.
- Through the EAP, employees can receive assistance for a wide range of issues, including parenting concerns, family and relationship issues, alcohol and drug abuse, emotional difficulties, stress-related problems, conflicts at work or home, and other personal concerns.
- The mission of this program is to enhance and improve employee satisfaction, physical health, and wellness.
- The program is open to all benefited employees.
- It includes reimbursement of up to $100 for completing an annual physical with biometric screening as well as up to $300 for membership to exercise facilities of the employee's choice or home exercise equipment.
- Free annual membership to the Boulder Recreation Centers.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Boulder Housing Partners is a qualifying employer with the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Under this program, you may qualify for forgiveness of the remaining balance due on your student loan. Learn more about the PSLF program here.