The August 2-4 Waitlists for Madison Apartment Homes Are Now Closed
Boulder Housing Partners opened waiting lists from 9 a.m. Tuesday, August 2 through 4 p.m. Thursday, August 4, 2022 for apartment homes at Madison, an apartment community in our Section 8 Communities program where residents pay approximately 30-40% of income towards rent.
At this time, we are no longer accepting names for these waiting lists.
About the Waitlists
- Waitlist opening for 1-bedroom apartments for older adults age 62+ or people with disabilities.
- Waitlist opening for 2-bedroom apartments for older adults age 62+, people with disabilities, or families.
If you signed up for these waiting lists, here are your next steps:
- Once the waitlists close, the list of submissions will be randomized, and applicants will be contacted in this randomized order when an apartment home becomes available.
- When an apartment home matching your bedroom size becomes available, you will be contacted to start the full application and qualifying process, which includes a $19 application fee (per adult) and a $65 holding fee (per household).
- If your address or contact information changes, please contact the community manager for any community where you have applied. You can find contact information for all BHP communities here. (Boulder Housing Partners is not responsible for lost or stolen mail.)
- The time you are on a waiting list is based on availability. We are unable to provide a placement number of where you are on the list.
About the Community
Madison is a recently renovated apartment community where residents pay approximately 30-40% of income towards rent. Located at the corner of Colorado Avenue and 35th Street, residents can enjoy easy access to RTD bus lines, shopping centers, and Boulder's nearby bike trail system. Madison offers a community center (with computer access), free community-wide wi-fi, and resident services available to connect residents with local resources. All community amenities are listed at the property websites linked below.
Qualifying for Madison
Income, occupancy, Boulder County, and eligibility guidelines
- 1-bedroom apartments for adults 62+ or people with disabilities – Applicant(s) may earn up to 50% of the Area Median Income to qualify. For a household of 1 person: $43,900; 2 people $50,200; 3 people: $56,450
- Qualifying for Madison 2-bedroom apartments for adults age 62+, people with disabilities, and/or families – Applicants may earn up to 50% of the Area Median Income to qualify. For a household of 2 people: $50,200; 3 people: $56,450; 4 people $62,700; 5 people $67,750
- No minimum income necessary
- Student, liquid asset, and homeownership restrictions apply
- Occupancy standards apply: A minimum one person and a maximum of three people at move-in for a 1-bedroom. A minimum of 2 people and a maximum of five people at move in for a 2-bedroom.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years
- Applicants and household members must be free of convictions for a felony or a chronic history of misdemeanors within the past three years
- Persons who are required to register in the Sex Offender List or with any methamphetamine-related convictions, in any state, do not qualify
In addition to the qualifying criteria above, applicants must also meet criteria for the Housing Choice Voucher that is attached to the apartment home. Per the Housing Choice program guidelines, BHP prioritizes assistance to local applicants who are:
- Living in Boulder County
- Households with an adult who works at least 20 hours per week within Boulder County
- Households with an adult who attends school full-time within Boulder County
- Households with an adult child or parent who resides in Boulder County