Interest List NOW OPEN for the Newly Renovated Affordable Apartment Homes at Tantra Lake
An interest list is now open online for apartment homes at the newly renovated affordable community, Tantra Lake.
Learn about the apartments and the affordable program below or sign up now up by clicking below:
Sign up in English or en español
About This Property
Part of the Boulder Affordable Rentals Program, Tantra Lake Apartments offers one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartment homes for rent in beautiful south Boulder, CO near 1000 Moorhead Cir. This unique community features 24 acres of lush grounds, a beautiful private lake, barbecue picnic areas, garages, two tennis courts, and a lakeside clubhouse with a 24-hour gym, and a business center. Tantra Lake Apartments is a pet-friendly community; we welcome both cats and dogs.
Tantra Lake is undergoing comprehensive interior and exterior renovations over the course of 2022 and 2023. Learn more at Tantra Lake Apartments Renovations.
Signing Up for the Interest List
- You will need an email to register on the website. Please have an email address and a password ready to sign up.
- You will be asked for your household's monthly and total annual gross income on the questionnaire, so you may want to gather that information ahead of time.
- The form should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to fill out and can be completed from any device with internet access.
- The form can be completed in English or Spanish.
- Submissions will be pre-screened during the sign-up process, and, if accepted, will be added to the interest list. (Please note that submissions do not guarantee that an apartment is available or that your household qualifies. It is a way for applicants to see if they meet certain criteria and helps speed up the qualifying process when an apartment does become available.)
- Only one interest list submission will be considered per household, keeping in mind the qualifying guidelines below.
- Computers and additional assistance will be available at Boulder Housing Partners’ main office at 4800 Broadway during the interest list opening.
To income-qualify to live at Tantra Lake applicants may earn up to 60% of the area median income (AMI). Income is the total combined gross annual income for the household. There are no minimum income requirements to qualify. Income guidelines are based on the affordable housing program requirements and the 2022 Maximum Income Limits table for Boulder, CO.
- Two persons per bedroom, plus one additional person per household.
- Additionally, the city’s local ordinance restricts occupancy to four unrelated individuals per unit at Tantra Lake’s south Boulder location.
Other Eligibility Criteria
Once an apartment home becomes available, you will be asked to complete an application that includes eligibility questions about student status, rental history, criminal background, and more.
Interest List FAQs
- When will the interest list close?
We are currently filling numerous vacancies created due to the renovation. Once the vacancies are filled, we will close the interest list. We hope to be fully leased up in late summer or early fall, 2023.
- Can I stay on the list for a larger bedroom size if I am called to apply for an available smaller size apartment?
No. You may submit your name to any bedroom size for which your household size qualifies (see table above). For example, if you sign up for both the two- and three-bedroom lists and are contacted to start the eligibility process for an available two-bedroom, if qualify and move in, your name will be removed from the three-bedroom list.
- How long will I have to wait to be contacted?
- The time you are on the interest list will depend on how quickly we are able to process the people before you are on the list and fill vacancies. When an apartment home matching your bedroom size request becomes available, you will be contacted to start the full application and qualifying process. We are unable to provide a placement number of where you are on the list.
- If you sign up and your address or contact information changes, please contact the community to update your information.
Email [email protected] or (303) 499-3605.
Thank you for your interest in this apartment community with Boulder Housing Partners.