Boulder Affordable Rentals
Surprisingly Affordable Rentals in the City of Boulder
The Boulder Affordable Rental (BAR) Program is comprised of one to four bedroom townhouses, carriage houses, apartments, and duplexes offered below market rates. We seek to make living in Boulder as affordable as possible. Many BAR Properties are centrally located within walking distance from downtown or feature easy access to public transportation.
Sample Monthly Rents
A range of monthly rent* includes:
- 1B: $863 - 1,295
- 2B: $1,036 - 1,554
- 3B: $1,197 - 1,796
- 4B: $1,336 - 2,004
*Rent is based on the limits published by the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority. These may vary at time of lease-up or if using a Housing Choice Voucher.
Each rental apartment has a maximium amount of income* that a household can earn in order to qualify. These income limits vary by rental apartment and range from 30-60% of the Area Median Income (AMI). View the income limits chart to see which range would work for you and your household size.
Minimum Income - 2 Times the Rent
To be eligibile, households are required to earn a minimum gross monthly income of 2 times the rent (unless using a Housing Choice Voucher).
*Income is based on the limits published by the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority.
- Applicants and household members will need to meet the income guideline requirements as listed above.
- Student restrictions apply.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years.
- Applicants and household members must be free of convictions for a crime within the past three years that involves drugs, violence, property damage or disrupting the peaceful enjoyment of others.
- Persons who are required to register in the Sex Offender's List or with any methamphetamine related convictions do not qualify.
How to Apply:
Visit the Now Renting page to learn more.