30PRL’s Independent Living Program
Twenty apartment homes in the Bluebell building of 30PRL take part in a neuro-inclusive housing and independent living program supported by the services of the Ramble Collective, whose non-profit helps adults with developmental disabilities achieve their goals of independent community living and employment. The Ramble Collective also offers an extension of their apprentice program at Ramble Marketplace, their newest retail location selling local Boulder-themed gifts, that is conveniently located on the lower level of the Bluebell building.
About the Apartment Homes
Apartment homes in 30PRL’s independent living program are located at 3075 Pearl Parkway in the Bluebell building of 30PRL. Studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments are offered in this program. All apartments at 30PRL feature amenities such as in-home washers & dryers, air-conditioning, and dishwashers, as well as community features such as free wi-fi, elevator access, and multiple community gathering rooms.
For residents who qualify for 30PRL’s independent living program, rent is approximately 30% of the households’ gross income, as determined through the eligibility process.
Residents of the independent living program will be eligible to receive optional support services from the Ramble Collective, which may include:
- Community engagement through optional organized outings or gatherings for activities within the common spaces of the Bluebell building.
- Optional access to a Community Liaison on an as-needed basis to help facilitate access to community resources. Boulder Treasures will also be available to assist with connections between residents taking part in the independent living program and can act as a liaison between resident households and their case management or family support networks.
- Optional facilitated discussions in collaboration with a resident's family support network and PASA case management services that will focus on maintaining the terms of the apartment lease to support current and future housing stability.
- 30PRL also features the Ramble Collective's Ramble Marketplace, a retail space with local Boulder-themed gifts, on the lower level of the Bluebell building. Within Ramble Marketplace, the Ramble Collective offers an expansion of its job training apprentice program for qualified individuals within the Bluebell building and throughout Boulder County.
Qualifying for an Independent Living Program Apartment
The independent living program apartments are for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who can provide:
- A Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Medicaid waiver; or
- A signed affidavit of verification of IDD status from a medical professional in a form acceptable to Boulder Housing Partners.
Maximum Income to Qualify
To be eligible, households may earn up to 40% of the Area Median Income (AMI)*, as shown on the chart below. (Income is the total combined gross annual income per household.)
Residents may still qualify if they earn less, but income cannot exceed 40% AMI. For example, if you have 2 people in your household, your total gross annual income cannot exceed $37,520 at time of lease-up.
*Income is based on the 2022 Colorado Housing and Finance Authority Income Limits and Rent table and is subject to change.
Minimum Income to Qualify
There is no minimum income required to income-qualify.
Additional Qualification Criteria
- Applicant households will need to include at least one member who is either living and/or working in Boulder County at the time their name is added to the interest list and when their name is selected to proceed forward with the eligibility process.
- Student, liquid asset, and homeownership restrictions apply.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years and be able to provide two years of satisfactory rental history from a third party. If unable to provide rental history, you may still add your name to the interest list.
- Applicants and household members must be free of felony convictions within the past three years and also free of a chronic history of misdemeanors.
- Persons who are required to register on the Sex Offender's List in any state or with any methamphetamine related convictions do not qualify.
How Do I Apply?
Future apartments will be made available through an interest list. An interest list last opened Apr. 26-28, 2022 and the next opening has not been scheduled. If you would like to be notified about future openings of the interest list, sign up for email notfications here.