Section 8 Communities Program
About the Section 8 Communities Program
BHP owns and manages rental properties located throughout the City of Boulder. Boulder Housing Partners gives the highest priority to people currently working or living in the City of Boulder, that are considered senior (62 years +), people with disabilities or families with children. If an applicant does not have the preference, their chance of clearing the waitlist is very slim. Anyone is welcome to apply; however you must be eligible, meet the income guidelines established annually by HUD. All BHP properties are non-smoking.
Rent is approximately 30% of resident's monthly adjusted income. The maximum yearly income to qualify depends on HUD regulations, family size, and total gross income. There is no minimum income to qualify. The wait time for each program varies from 1 to 4 years from the date and time the application is received. Click here to find out if you qualify.
Please note: You may not qualify for the federally subsidized programs if you fall into one of these categories:
- Your household does not currently live or work within the city limits of Boulder (For example, Longmont and Lafayette are in Boulder County so you would not qualify to receive the local preference for housing with us).
- Your household has been evicted from federally subsidized housing within the past five (5) years.
- You, or a member of your household, has been arrested or convicted of a crime within the past five (5) years that involves drugs, violence, or disrupting the peaceful enjoyment of others.
- You, or a member of your household, are required to register on the Sex Offender’s List.
- Your household exceeds the maximum income limits dependent on program and family size.
- You are a single-person household who is not elderly (at least age 62) or a person with disabilities.