30Pearl’s Independent Living Program
In partnership with the non-profit Boulder Treasure, Boulder Housing Partners’ 30Pearl Community in the new Boulder Junction neighborhood offers a unique program for those living with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Twenty apartment homes are available at 30Pearl as part of an independent living program supported by the services of Boulder Treasures, whose non-profit helps adults with developmental disabilities achieve their goals of independent community living and employment. Boulder Treasures currently offers a job training Apprentice Program within their retail clothing boutique Ramble on Pearl and will be expanding this program with a second social enterprise operating out of the Bluebell building at 30Pearl.
About the Apartment Homes
Apartment homes in 30Pearl’s independent living program are located at 3075 Pearl Parkway in the Bluebell building of 30Pearl. Studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments are offered in this program. All apartments at 30Pearl feature amenities such as in-home washers & dryers, air-conditioning, and dishwashers, as well as community features such as free wi-fi, elevator access, and multiple community gathering rooms.
For residents who qualify for 30Pearl’s independent living program, rent is approximately 30% of the households’ gross income, as determined through the eligibility process.
Residents of the independent living program will be eligible to receive optional support services from Boulder Treasures, which may include:
- Community engagement through optional organized outings or gatherings for activities within the common spaces of the Bluebell building.
- Optional access to a Community Liaison on an as-needed basis to help facilitate access to community resources. Boulder Treasures will also be available to assist with connections between residents taking part in the independent living program and can act as a liaison between resident households and their case management or family support networks.
- Optional facilitated discussions in collaboration with a resident's family support network and PASA case management services that will focus on maintaining the terms of the apartment lease to support current and future housing stability.
- 30Pearl will also include a commercial retail space within which Boulder Treasures will operate an expansion of its job training Apprentice Program. This program will be accessible to qualified individuals within the Bluebell building and throughout Boulder County.
Qualifying for an Independent Living Program Apartment
The independent living program apartments are for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who can provide:
- A Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Medicaid waiver; or
- A signed affidavit of verification of IDD status from a medical professional in a form acceptable to Boulder Housing Partners.
Maximum Income to Qualify
To be eligible, households may earn up to 40% of the Area Median Income (AMI), as shown on the chart below. (Income is the total combined gross annual income per household.)
Residents may still qualify if they earn less, but income cannot exceed 40% AMI. For example, if you have 2 people in your household, your total gross annual income cannot exceed $36,840 at time of lease-up.
Minimum Income to Qualify
There is no minimum income required to income-qualify.
Additional Qualification Criteria
- Applicant households will need to include at least one member who is either living and/or working in Boulder County at the time their name is added to the interest list and when their name is selected to proceed forward with the eligibility process.
- Student, liquid asset, and homeownership restrictions apply.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years and be able to provide two years of satisfactory rental history from a third party. If unable to provide rental history, you may still add your name to the interest list.
- Applicants and household members must be free of felony convictions within the past three years and also free of a chronic history of misdemeanors.
- Persons who are required to register on the Sex Offender's List in any state or with any methamphetamine related convictions do not qualify.