30Pearl’s Independent Living Program
In partnership with the non-profit Boulder Treasure, Boulder Housing Partners’ 30Pearl Community in the new Boulder Junction neighborhood offers a unique program for those living with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Twenty apartment homes are available at 30Pearl as part of an independent living program supported by the services of Boulder Treasures, whose non-profit helps adults with developmental disabilities achieve their goals of independent community living and employment. Boulder Treasures currently offers a job training Apprentice Program within their retail clothing boutique Ramble on Pearl and will be expanding this program with a second social enterprise operating out of the Bluebell building at 30Pearl.
About the Apartment Homes
Apartment homes in 30Pearl’s independent living program are located at 2261 Junction Place in the Bluebell building of 30Pearl. Studio, one-, and two-bedroom apartments are offered in this program. All apartments at 30Pearl feature amenities such as in-home washers & dryers, air-conditioning, and dishwashers, as well as community features such as free wi-fi, elevator access, and multiple community gathering rooms.
For residents who qualify for 30Pearl’s independent living program, rent is approximately 30% of the households’ gross income, as determined through the eligibility process.
Qualifying for an apartment home
The independent living program apartments are for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) who can provide:
- A Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Medicaid waiver; or
- A signed affidavit of verification of IDD status from a medical professional in a form acceptable to Boulder Housing Partners.
Additional income restrictions and qualifying criteria apply. Please visit the December 8-10 Interest List for more information.
How Do I apply?
An interest list opened online from Dec. 8-10, 2020 for those who are interested in living at 30Pearl's Bluebell building when the community opens in March 2021. At this time the interest list has closed. If you would like to be notified about future openings in 30Pearl's independent living program at the Bluebell building, you may sign up for email notifications here. We will also post information about future openings on our website.
About the Wrap-Around Services
Residents of the independent living program will be eligible to receive optional support services from Boulder Treasures, which may include:
- Community engagement through optional organized outings or gatherings for activities within the common spaces of the Bluebell building.
- Optional access to a live-in Resident Advisor on an as-needed basis to help facilitate access to community resources. Boulder Treasures will also be available to assist with connections between residents taking part in the independent living program and can act as a liaison between resident households and their case management or family support networks.
- Optional facilitated discussions in colloaboration with a resident's family support network and PASA case management services that will focus on maintaining the terms of the apartment lease to support current and future housing stability.
- 30Pearl will also include a commercial retail space within which Boulder Treasures will operate an expansion of its job training Apprentice Program. This program will be accessible to qualified individuals within the Bluebell building and throughout Boulder County.