The Dec. 8-10 Interest List for 30Pearl’s Bluebell Building is now Closed
The first apartment building at 30Pearl, Boulder Housing Partners' newest affordable community, is nearing construction completion and is scheduled to open for residents this March 2021!
An interest list for affordable studio-, one-, and two-bedroom apartments at this first building opened from 9 a.m. December 8, through 4 p.m. December 10, 2020. This interest list included apartments in the independent living program supported by the services of Boulder Treasures. At this time, we are no longer accepting names for the interest list.
If you signed up for the interest list, here are your next steps:
- The interest list will be processed in a randomized order.
- We will begin contacting candidates in January 2021 to proceed with the next steps of the leasing process and will contact candidates until all apartment homes have been leased.
- If contacted, the application process includes a $19 application fee (per adult) and a $65 holding fee (per household) due in certified funds.
- Additional interest lists will open at a later date when future buildings open at 30Pearl.
- If your contact information changes, notify us in writing at 30Pearl@boulderhousing.org or at 4800 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80304.
If you are interested in 30Pearl's Magnolia or Mesa buildings, anticipated to open in the Summer of 2021, please visit the 30Pearl Leasing page for more information.
About 30Pearl's Bluebell Building
The beautifully designed 30Pearl apartment community is centrally located in the pedestrian-friendly neighborhood of Boulder Junction. The Bluebell building, located at 2261 Junction Place, is the first apartment building to open at this community and will offer brand new studio, one-, and two-bedroom affordable apartments in central Boulder. Select apartment homes are also available as part of an independent living program supported by the services of Boulder Treasures, whose non-profit helps adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities achieve their goals of independent community living and employment.
Income Qualifications and Rent Amounts*
Apartments at 30Pearl are offered at rents that are lower than typical market-rate rents in Boulder through our affordable rental programs. To income-qualify for an apartment, residents may earn up to a certain amount of income and will also be required to earn a minimum amount of income as described below.
*Rent and income are based on the limits published by the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority. These may vary at time of lease-up or if using a Housing Choice Voucher.
Maximum Income to Qualify
To be eligible, households may earn up to 60% of the Area Median Income (AMI), as shown on the chart below. (Income is the total combined gross annual income per household.)
Residents may still qualify if they earn less, but income cannot exceed 60% AMI. For example, if you have 2 people in your household, your total gross annual income cannot exceed $55,260 at time of lease-up.
Minimum Monthly Income to Qualify
Households are also required to earn a minimum gross monthly income of two times the rent (unless using a Housing Choice Voucher or taking part in 30Pearl's independent living program).
Rents at 30Pearl range per bedroom size as shown below:
- Studio: $987-$1,189
- 1 Bdrm: $1,024-$1,240
- 2 Bdrm: $712-$1,489
Why is there a range of rent per bedroom size?
Rents at some apartments are available at a lower rate for households who qualify with a lower amount of income. These apartment homes include the same features as others, like washers & dryers and air-conditioning, but are available at a lower rate based on affordable program guidelines. There are a set number of apartments available at different rates so we cannot guarantee an apartment home will be available at a lower amount.
Rent for the Independent Living Program:
For residents who qualify for 30Pearl’s independent living program, rent amounts will be approximately 30% of income, as determined through the eligibility process.
- Applicants and household members will need to meet the income guideline requirements as listed above.
- Student, liquid asset, and homeownership restrictions apply.
- Applicants and household members must be free of evictions within the past three years and be able to provide two years of satisfactory rental history from a third party.
- Applicants and household members must be free of felony convictions within the past three years and also free of a chronic history of misdemeanors.
- Persons who are required to register on the Sex Offender's List in any state or with any methamphetamine related convictions do not qualify.
Additional Qualifications for 30Pearl’s Independent Living Program:
In addition to meeting the income and qualification criteria above, applicant households will need to include:
- At least one member with intellectual or developmental disabilities (IDD) and can provide:
- A Home and Community Based Services Supported Living Services (HCBS-SLS) Medicaid waiver; or
- A signed affidavit of verification of IDD status from a medical professional in a form acceptable to BHP.
- At least one member is either living and/or working in Boulder County at the time their name is added to the interest list and when their name is selected to proceed forward with the eligibility process.
Thank you for your interest in 30Pearl. We are excited to offer this new affordable community in the spring of 2021!
Please contact the 30Pearl leasing team at 30Pearl@boulderhousing.org or (720) 778-2512 with any questions.